If an Orange Julius at the shopping mall had a healthy dose of leafy greens, this would be it!
Mandarin Orange and Sage Smoothie, by Veganbythebook
MAKES: 4 ½ cups (about 1060 ml)
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened coconut water (I used C2O brand)
- 3 tablespoons hemp seeds (Where d’you get your protein?)
- About 1 tablespoon fresh sage leaves (7 leaves plucked from my garden)
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 banana, peeled and broken into chunks
- ½ head green leaf lettuce (looks like 3 cups)
- 4 Satsuma mandarin oranges, peeled and pulled into a few pieces
- Add all ingredients to the jar of a high-speed blender and process until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute. Enjoy!