Apples, apples, everywhere!
Large carrot in the crisper drawer to spare.
No carrot tops are attached.
This orange-hued recipe is hatched.
When my morning smoothie is not any shade of green, I plan for a variety of greens later in the day.
Today’s smoothie packs in plenty of tasty nutrition, especially vitamin A:
- One cup chopped raw carrot: 427% of Daily Value (DV)
- One tablespoon raw organic goji berry powder: 140% DV
Vitamin A promotes healthy vision, strengthens bones, and reduces acne.
Goji berry powder helps deepen the orange-red color of today’s smoothie AND is also a good source of potassium and vitamin C.
The Whole Carrot (Minus the Greens) Smoothie, by Veganbythebook
MAKES: 4 cups (about 1000 ml)
- 1 frozen banana, broken into pieces (peel before freezing)
- 1 can (16.5 fluid ounces / 490 ml) unsweetened coconut water with pulp (I used Thirsty Buddha brand)
- 1 large carrot, chopped (about 1 cup)
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons hulled hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon raw organic goji berry powder
- 1 teaspoon organic maca powder
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 Medjool date, pitted
- 1 apple, cored and chopped
- Add all ingredients to the jar of a high-speed blender. Process until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. Enjoy!