Want a quick weeknight dinner? Here’s one recipe with an amazing vegan ingredient; Hot Italian Beyond Sausage. Beyond Sausage is a next-level vegan food to impress omnivores who enjoy throwing meat on the barbecue grill.
I call this Beyond Sausage Dinner Hash.
It’s even more delicious the next day, reheated in a microwave for lunch.
Steam the turnips, potatoes, and yam about 8 – 10 minutes.
Beyond Sausage Dinner Hash, by Veganbythebook
Makes: 4-6 servings
- 4 Hot Italian Beyond Sausages
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 baby turnips, chopped (cut in half, then thirds, then each third into thirds) and steamed
- 3 small russet potatoes, peeled and chopped (cut in half, then thirds, then each third into thirds) and steamed
- 1 cup garnet yam, peeled and chopped, then steamed
- 1 cup beet greens, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Cook Beyond Sausages in cast iron skillet on medium-high heat, per package instructions for 6 minutes, turning frequently to cook evenly.
- Remove sausages from skillet, slice in half lengthwise and then chop.
- Reduce heat to medium, add onion to the skillet and saute for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened.
- Addthe chopped sausages, then the steamed turnips, potatoes, and yam. Then stir in the beet greens and cilantro and cook for another 2-3 minutes, until warmed through.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.
- Leftovers are even tastier reheated the next day.