This is part two of this weekend’s adventures in the kitchen with fresh herbs and a bit of Veracruz vanilla bean.
Did you know kiwi fruit has more vitamin C than an orange? Let’s tally up the vitamin C in today’s smoothie:
- 2 cups raw broccoli: 162 mg (215% of Daily Value)
- 2 kiwi fruit: 128 mg (170% of DV)
- 1 medium mandarin orange: 23.5 mg (39% of DV)
Enjoy this kiwi citrus refresher!
Kiwi Mandarin Smoothie with Vanilla Bean and Oregano, by Veganbythebook
Makes: 40 ounces (almost 1200 ml)
- 2 frozen bananas, sliced (peel before freezing)
- 2 kiwi fruits, quartered (no need to trim ends or peel)
- 1 mandarin orange, peeled and pulled into a few pieces
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened almond milk
- 3 tablespoons organic raw shelled hempseed
- 1 teaspoon organic maca powder
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- About 1 inch of Veracruz vanilla bean (or other vanilla bean)
- About 1 teaspoon fresh oregano leaves
- 1 medjool date, pitted
- 2 thick stalks of broccoli (about 2 cups), chopped (florets and short stems were steamed for another meal)
- Add all ingredients to the jar of a high-speed blender and process until smooth, about 1-2 minutes, tamping down as needed.