Welcome back to Today’s Smoothie! Thank you, 138 followers, for your patience between posts.
I have been busy in the kitchen and have a backlog of posts. Today’s post is a brand-new recipe, conceived this weekend.
Mmm, matcha meets medley of fresh produce with flavors of gazpacho.
Here’s an Easter-weekend nest of superfoods:
- Hempseed provides nutty flavor and 10 grams of protein (per 3 tablespoons)
- Maca root powder, from the mountain regions of Peru, to boost energy and stamina (care for a long run this weekend?)
- Matcha green tea powder has many health-promoting benefits. The amino acid L-theanine in matcha enhances brain function. Matcha’s catechins are powerful anti-oxidants. The alphabet soup of small amounts of vitamins and minerals help strengthen the immune system.
- Turmeric powder is an anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory, good to have every day.
- Camu powder is the earth’s single richest source of vitamin C. If you want some extra vitamin C, add a teaspoon to this smoothie for 682 mg (760% of Daily Value).
This smoothie blend is thicker than most of my recipes, but it does not require a spoon. It does require some extra time in the blender jar to finish smoothing out the texture. Be patient. Enjoy!
Matcha Garden Smoothie, by Veganbythebook
Makes: 38 ounces (about 1150 ml)
- 1 frozen banana, sliced (peel before freezing)
- 1 large avocado, peeled and pitted
- ½ organic cucumber, chopped
- 1 apple, cored and chopped
- ¼ orange or yellow bell pepper, inner flesh and seeds removed, chopped
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened almond milk
- 3 tablespoons organic raw shelled hempseed
- 1 teaspoon organic maca powder
- 1 teaspoon organic matcha 100% Japanese green tea powder
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 medjool dates, pitted
- Optional vitamin C boost: 1 teaspoon organic camu powder
- Add all ingredients to the jar of a high-speed blender and process until smooth, about 2 minutes, tamping down as needed.